What is CV Toolkit?
CV Toolkit is a standalone application that can be used to control analog synthesizers by sending CV signals through any DC-coupled audio interface or Expert Sleeper's ES-3 module*.
The 1.1 version ships with 15 virtual modules that offer different modulation options such as LFO, sequencer, envelope generators, etc. CV Toolkit also has a MIDI to CV virtual module that let's you calibrate your VCOs and play them in tune.
You can also use the Routing Matrix to route the output of any of any module to analog outputs, analyzers (LED / Oscilloscope) or even to the input of certain modules (S&H / Biased Switcher / Slew).
* ES-4 support coming soon.
- Standalone application – doesn't require any additional software.
- MIDI to CV – Calibrate your VCOs and play them in tune.
- Hands-on Experience – control all parameters from you iPad using the Lemur app (native OSC integration).
- Routing Matrix
- CV Quantizer – Quantize the output signal of any of the virtual module to a specific key and scale.
- Save and recall patches
- ScanGraph – a new concept of modulation
- Biased Switcher – let the program flip a coin and decide how it's inputs will flow.
- MIDI Clock – sync it to your favorite DAWs, drum machines, iOS apps and etc.
- Eight analog outputs – you can use up to eight analog outputs to send signals to your modular synthesizer
- MIDI In / Out
- Works on both Mac and PC
- 64-bit application
- Clean and simple interface
The hands-on experience provided by modular synthesizers inspire and promote experimentation so that's why CV Toolkit – Standalone Version ships with a full and native Lemur integration.
After setting it up (takes less than 2 minutes), you can put your iPad next to your modular synth, fire up the Lemur app and play around with CV Toolkit without having to reach for your mouse or keyboard.
The Lemur integration is based on OpenSoundControl aka OSC which means that, unlike MIDI, you can control every parameter with full resolution without having to manually map them.
Although the Standalone version cannot be loaded straight into your favorite DAW like a plug-in, there are advantages of having it as a separate app:
- Easy to setup – multi-channel plugins can take a lot of time to setup
- Preset Banks – you can store up to 24 presets in a bank and recall them whenever you need
- Works with any DAW – you can use and sync CV Toolkit with any DAW that can send MIDI Clock
- Or even without one – if you just want to jam for a while, you don't need to open up your DAW in order to run CV Toolkit